Sunday, February 16, 2014

Simple Sunday #1 - For Your Birthday

I made a card today using one of my favorite dies from Whiff of Joy. I do realize that I need to start making card using other dies as well, but I just can't help myself (I will be featuring some other products later this month though). I love this small banners die and really have to get the set with the larger banners too. These banners can be used for almost anything and this time I tried to use them in a bit of a different way. What I did was use them around a circle die cut, it sort of resembles a flower in a way. I also used a very nice sentiment stamp set called Festive Occasions. If you are interested in getting any of these supplies for yourself, please visit the Whiff of Joy shop.



I have also uploaded a tutorial video that you can find on my YouTube channel or here below.

YouTube Video:


--------------------
Supplies used:
Small Banners Die-Lights - set of 6 
Festive Occasions
Studio Calico Wood Veneers - Tiny Hearts
Distess ink - Walnut Stain

--------------------
I also entered the card to the following challenges:
CAS(E) this sketch
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge
Addicted to CAS

5 comments:

  1. A very clever use of your banners, Erika! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice CAS card. I love the browns and what a unique way to use the banners! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun use of the banners on your super cool card! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a unique way to use banners :) So glad you joined the fun at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete