Sunday, August 24, 2014

Simple Sunday #14 - Layering Die Cuts

I am back with a new Simple Sunday project and this time I have to say I made the most simple card so far. I do really love it though and I think this card (or should I say these cards) can be used for any occasion.
This time I did two cards using the same technique instead of just one. And the reason for this is simply that I got some heart pieces left over when I cut out the pieces I needed for the first card. So I though, why not use them?



To make the first card I started with the Nested Hearts die set from Whiff Of Joy and four pieces of white cardstock. I adhered two of the pieces together so I would get two thicker pieces of cardstock that were thin enough for the dies to cut trough. I wanted my die cuts to be more dimensional and I didn't want to use foam squares since these will be visible from the top and the sides. So instead of foam squares I layered the die cuts on top of each other to get the desired effect. This way my die cuts will look really good from the side as well.

I used three different sizes of hearts and layered them to make thin frames and then I just adhered them together using a tape runner. Then it was time to assemble the card, stamp the sentiment and finish off with some rounded corners.


For my second card I did the same thing but this time I used the left over pieces that I got when die cutting the hearts for the first card. I always try to use up any left overs and this time I though that it would be a great idea to make two similar cards using the same technique. Cutting the hearts was a bit tricky, but once they were done these cards were extremely fast and easy to make.



I also filmed a tutorial for this card that you can find on my YouTube channel or here below.


YouTube Video:


-----------------
Products used:

 

----------------
I also added this card to the following challenges:
CAS(E) this sketch

1 comment: